On the Driveway
• If possible, garage your car. Many people fill their garage with junk and leave their expensive car on the driveway.
• Modern cars cannot be taken without the keys. Thieves will sometimes burgle houses to get them, so do not leave them lying around.
• If you have a van, reverse it up to a wall to deter theft of its contents.
• Always remove valuables and lock your car even if it’s kept in the garage.
Away from Home
• Lock your vehicle whenever you go to pay for fuel.
• Do not leave valuable items in view (wallets, handbags, portable sat-
• In attended car parks, park near the attendant’s kiosk if possible and do not leave the ticket in the car.
• Park in well-